We’ve all been there: Sitting at our desks staring at a blank screen and having it stare right back at us. We then sit there with time (and our brains) ticking, which pushes us to the point where it seems like there is nothing to write about anymore because “we’ve written it all.” But the truth is, you haven’t written it all. In fact, there is so much to write about that it should be difficult picking a topic!
Save yourself the headache in 2018 and use our list of 15 ways to come up with blogging topics:
1.Ask your audience what they want to know.
2. Brainstorm with your team.
3. Explore what’s trending.
4. Interview experts in your field.
5. Read other blog posts to get ideas.
6. Do keyword research.
7. Share your experiences.
8. Simplify your writing by creating lists.
9. Jot down ideas when you see something you like.
10. Transform old content.
11. Use Google.
12. Do competitive research.
13. Write about something you’d like to know if you were reading the post.
14. Do mind mapping.
15. Create something you’ve never done before.
Next time you’re stuck on what to write about, pull up this list to get your brain going. And if you’re still stuck, try creating an infographic or video to spice up your content.
Lauren Manecke, Branded Content & Social Media Strategist
As the team’s social media strategist, Lauren manages, creates, and publishes content for a variety of clients in order to achieve their marketing goals. When Lauren isn’t scrolling through social media, you can find her at home binge watching documentaries on Netflix.